Sunday, November 2, 2014

It's Been a While.....

Sometimes life gets busy.  We get caught up in the rush of everything happening around us and we end up pushing things we know we should do, but seem less important to the wayside.  I understand.  Believe me, I know exactly how it feels.  I haven't posted a blog since October 7.  I promised I would post at least once a week and I let myself get behind.  In order to correct this, I have to make it a point to sit down and write at least once a week.  I have to make it a priority.  Sure, the newest episode of The Walking Dead would be extremely fulfilling to watch at this moment, but it will still be there.  I can always catch up later.  If writing this blog is important to me, then I must put it higher on the list than Netflix (or whatever the current distraction may be). 

This requires a focus on discipline and routine.  Instead of plopping down on the couch and completing my day, I will set a goal to write one day a week.  I'll probably still do this on the couch, it does have a nice, comfy groove for me to settle in to.  But I will sit there with intent.  With purpose.  With the job of writing to you about something topical pertaining to class or whatever happens to take over my thoughts.  

This is my plan.  This is the goal I will work for each week.  My hope for you is to do the same when it comes to the assignments for class.  Be diligent and make time to complete it. We are all in this together.  




No comments:

Post a Comment