Groups of 5 Due May 15
1. Choose your Marine Mammal
2. Discover basic facts about the mammal:
- What makes it a mammal?
- Family it belongs to and its scientific name
- What do they eat?
3. How have these mammals been exploited for human use?
- population change over time
- your opinion on how they have been treated
- lessons learned
4. Current Threats
- Conservation attempts
- Health of their habitat
5. Special Investigations
- Important research performed in the past or currently
- Whale FM - help tag whale songs and journal it
- Beluga whale webcam - watch and journal behavior...3 days, at least 10 minutes each day
6. Create a representation
- poster size picture
- model (scaled down)
- arts and crafts type stuff