Monday, September 8, 2014

Where We Have Gone....

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your adventures across the globe.  I can tell that you not only recognize the continents and the oceans of the world, but you have very creative minds that are capable of great things!  If you learn nothing else this year, my hope for each of you is that you learn to use your mind to create something original and to be adventurous!

That being said, we do have a test this week over our first unit.  The focus of this unit has been the oceans, continents, and mapping.  I have shared with each of you the notes we have been using in class.  Use this resource, don't abuse it.  I share them so you have full access to the information presented in class, but I want you to still take notes from our talks so you know what I believe is the most important information.  There is also a review available for you to use to help focus your studies for the test.  

Now that the boring stuff is done, how did you enjoy the Google Earth assignment?  I love Google Earth because it provides me the opportunity to "visit" places that I desire to travel to at some point in my life. Many of the places to find in the assignment have significance to me as places I have been or want to visit.  The Eiffel Tower and Paris may have been the most amazing vacation I have ever taken.  To spend time in a world class city with such a vivid history and amazing sights is an opportunity I hope you all have in your lifetime.  I included Mount Everest because I love the mountains and will live in the mountains someday, and Mount Everest is the biggest, most majestic mountain in the world to me. And Bora Bora....do I need to explain that at all?

I hope you have dreams and aspirations to get out and experience the world.  Our planet has so much beauty and wonder to experience, it would be a shame, nay, a crime to stay tucked away in the bubble of your hometown.  

So where do you want to go?

No comments:

Post a Comment